We try to keep you informed of all the latest transportation news, notices, policies and plans. In addition to the below notices, the St. Joseph Area Transportation Study Organization (SJATSO) may also include notices at:
- Local Transit: St. Joseph Buses
- Local Newspapers: St. Joseph News Press, the Kansas Chief, and the Savannah Reporter
- Local Government Offices: City of St. Joseph Public Works Department, City of Savannah, City of Wathena, City of Elwood, Village of Country Club, Buchanan County Planning Department, Buchanan County Road Department, Doniphan County Planning Department, Doniphan County Road Department, and Andrew County Road Department
- Public Libraries: Rolling Hills Library, St. Joseph Public Library Districts, and Doniphan County Library District – Elwood Branch
- Social Media: Facebook and Twitter
FY2017 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) Amendment #1: The Unified Planning Work Program has been amended to include a new work task (2G) which involves using the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) INVEST program tool to examine the Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) and I-229 Bridge. The public is welcome to provide comments and feedback from February 2nd to March 4th. To view the proposed UPWP click here.
FY2018-2021 TIP Call for Projects is open from January 13th to February 24th. All project sponsors must complete and submit the required forms to be included in the next TIP schedule. For more information on applying, click here. Feel free to contact staff with any questions.