We try to keep you informed of all the latest transportation news, notices, policies and plans. In addition to the below notices, the St. Joseph Area Transportation Study Organization (SJATSO) may also include notices at:
- Local Transit: St. Joseph Buses
- Local Newspapers: St. Joseph News Press, the Kansas Chief, and the Savannah Reporter
- Local Government Offices: City of St. Joseph Public Works Department, City of Savannah, City of Wathena, City of Elwood, Village of Country Club, Buchanan County Planning Department, Buchanan County Road Department, Doniphan County Planning Department, Doniphan County Road Department, and Andrew County Road Department
- Public Libraries: Rolling Hills Library, St. Joseph Public Library Districts, and Doniphan County Library District – Elwood Branch
- Social Media: Facebook and Twitter
FY2018 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) : The UPWP outlines the specific work tasks and related budget for MPO staff from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. This update is available for public review and comment from October 24, 2017 through November 7, 2017. The UPWP will be discussed as a part of the formal agenda of the SJATSO Technical Committee on Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 10:30 am. The Technical Committee meeting will be located at City Yards 2316 South 3rd Street, St. Joseph, MO 64501. The UPWP will be brought to the Coordinating Committee meeting on November 16, 2017 at 11:00 am for final approval and adoption. The Coordinating Committee meeting will be located at the St. Joseph’s City Hall, 1100 Frederick Avenue, St. Joseph, MO 64501. The full agenda for the committee meeting will be available online at http://stjoempo.org/committees/. Information concerning the proposed update is available during normal business hours of the Department of Public Works & Transportation, branches of the Rolling Hills Consolidated Library System of the St. Joseph Library District, St. Joseph Public Library District, Doniphan County Library Districts, and the web. To request interpreter services or for further assitance please contact staff 24 hours in advance. Click here for an electronic copy of the UPWP.