We try to keep you informed of all the latest transportation news, notices, policies and plans. In addition to the below notices, the St. Joseph Area Transportation Study Organization (SJATSO) may also include notices at:
- Local Transit: St. Joseph Buses
- Local Newspapers: St. Joseph News Press, the Kansas Chief, and the Savannah Reporter
- Local Government Offices: City of St. Joseph Public Works Department, City of Savannah, City of Wathena, City of Elwood, Village of Country Club, Buchanan County Planning Department, Buchanan County Road Department, Doniphan County Planning Department, Doniphan County Road Department, and Andrew County Road Department
- Public Libraries: Rolling Hills Library, St. Joseph Public Library Districts, and Doniphan County Library District – Elwood Branch
- Social Media: Facebook and Twitter
2019-2021 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Update Release for Public Comment:
The St. Joseph Area Transportation Study Organization (SJATSO), is releasing the FY2019-2021 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for public comment. The full draft can be found here; paper copies available upon request. All municipalities and agencies within the metropolitan area who have federally funded transportation projects must have their projects approved and incorporated as part of the TIP. It is also recommended that transportation projects significant to the region be added, even if they are not using federal funds, to better help coordinate project development and phasing regionally. Comments will be received until May 5, 2018. The Final TIP will be discussed as a part of the formal agenda of the SJATSO Technical Committee on Thursday, May 10 at 11:00. The meeting will be located at the Village of Country Club Main Office, 6601 N Belt Hwy, St. Joseph, MO 64506. Staff will be seeking recommendation for final approval at the Coordinating Committee meeting on May 24th, 2018 at 12:00pm. The Coordinating Committee Meeting will be held on the 4th floor of St. Joseph City Hall, 1100 Frederick Avenue. The full agenda for the committee meetings will be available online at http://stjoempo.org/committees/; paper copies available upon request. To request an interpreter services and more please contact the number or email below 24 hours in advance.
Comments may be sent to: Caitlin Zibers, Transportation Planner, City Hall 1100 Frederick Avenue, St. Joseph, MO 64501, telephone (816)-236-1471, email at email@example.com .