We try to keep you informed of all the latest transportation news, notices, policies and plans. In addition to the below notices, the St. Joseph Area Transportation Study Organization (SJATSO) may also include notices at:
- Local Transit: St. Joseph Buses
- Local Newspapers: St. Joseph News Press, the Kansas Chief, and the Savannah Reporter
- Local Government Offices: City of St. Joseph Public Works Department, City of Savannah, City of Wathena, City of Elwood, Village of Country Club, Buchanan County Planning Department, Buchanan County Road Department, Doniphan County Planning Department, Doniphan County Road Department, and Andrew County Road Department
- Public Libraries: Rolling Hills Library, St. Joseph Public Library Districts, and Doniphan County Library District – Elwood Branch
- Social Media: Facebook and Twitter
2019-2021 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Update Call for Projects: The St. Joseph Area Transportation Study Organization (SJATSO), is calling for projects for the FY2019-2021 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). All municipalities and agencies within the metropolitan area who have federally funded transportation projects must have their projects approved and incorporated as part of the TIP. It is also recommended that transportation projects significant to the region be added, even if they are not using federal funds, to better help coordinate project development and phasing regionally. Projects will be received until February 15, 2018. The Draft TIP update will be discussed as a part of the formal agenda of the SJATSO Technical Committee on Thursday, March 8 at 11:00. The meeting will be located at the Clasbey Community Center, 12803 Hurley Dr, Savannah, MO 64485. The full agenda for the committee meeting will be available online at http://stjoempo.org/committees/ and the TIP submittal documents are available online at http://stjoempo.org/transportation-improvement-plan-tip/.