Partnering with Mo-Kan Regional Council, Northwest Regional Council of Governments and Green Hills Planning Commission the first ever Northwest Missouri Freight Summit was a well attended success. Invitations went out to anyone involved in the movement of freight in the 20 county Northwest MoDOT District.
The Freight Summit brought in five different speakers to discuss a variety of issues surrounding freight movement and regional connectivity including:
- Jada McClintick, St. Joseph Emergency Manager who discussed how St. Joseph emergency management protocol operates
- Bill Becker, CEO of MK Minerals who spoke to freight movement and the world of agriculture, highlighting that more agriculture products are on the road and going farther distances than ever before. Click for a copy of the Agriculture and Freight Movement
- Cheryl Ball, from the MoDOT Central District, discussed Freight movement, Port Authority information, infrastructure and truck parking. Click for a copy of the MoDOT Freight Update
- Elli Bowen, Director of Business Development for the Kansas City SmartPort discussed economic development and freight connectivity. Click for a copy of the KC SmartPort Presentation
- Richard Grenvile, Vice President of Multimodal Logistics, discussed how to get a Port Authority up and running. Click for a copy of the PortKC
There was lively discussion from the crowd including information about the I-229 doubledecker bridges and the consultants MoDOT hired to do an Environmental Assessment. Partnering with the Regional Planning Commissions helped to expand the invitation list to the entire Northwest District.